Off The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the Grid Power and Living

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller Empty
PostSubject: Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller   Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:57 pm

this is the Missouri wind and solar charge controller that can control solar and wind generators at the same time.
Back to top Go down
kcarring

kcarring

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller   Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 6:54 pm

A while back I bought a Missouri Wind and Solar circuit / charge controller and it is very simple, but very high amp capability, in fact it is really only limited by whatever you throw at it for relays or solenoid switches.

It's been doing the trick controlling 40A of current, through a relay rated at 80A.

There is only one thing I do not like about their design theory.

The default is charging; i.e. the circuit controls dump, or lack of charge. Which means, when the controller fails, the energy is free to come on in, and ruin your battery bank.

I would like to use a PICAXE or Arduino and use this same concept, but reverse that ideology; have the unit engage charging and default to no charging during failure. It'd cost, maybe 150-300 mA of current during charging.
Back to top Go down
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller   Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:41 pm

have you modified one yet? sounds like a good concept. I will be using the new classic I picked up to control the solar bank and will only be using the Missouri wind and solar charge controller to run the wind generators off of it.
Back to top Go down
kcarring

kcarring

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller   Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Hey SD, not yet, that'll be a winter project when things slow down for me. I still need to sit down and learn the ADC inputs of a microcontroller, in order to do voltage detection - it's not rocket science, you build a voltage divider between ground and positive with high ohm resistors, and take that tiny voltage, apply some math to it to arrive at the real voltage, etc... but i have to experiment / learn etc.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller   Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missouri Wind and solar all in one charge controller
Page 1 of 1