Off The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the Grid Power and Living

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mini Wind Generator build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

Mini Wind Generator build Empty
PostSubject: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:50 am

working with only 7 7/8 inch dia rotors , my friend from belgrademachine sent me this set up. the goal is to get as much power out of this little wind generator as possible. 3 people are working on this set up so far, one has reached over 25amps. here is a video showing how the coils are made.
Back to top Go down
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:51 am

this next video shows the steps I am going thru to make this mini stator. I do not have much room to work with since the frame work is already done, so the stator is much smaller then what I would of made.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:08 am

Hey SD,

Looking Good !!! Educational as always !

Looking forward to the next step !

Alan
Back to top Go down
https://offthegrid.forumotion.com
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 pm

I made a video showing how I poured the stator casting along with the supplier of the epoxy resign.
Back to top Go down
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:24 am

I made the attempt to remove the stator from the mold after 24 hours. now is when you learn if your prep pays off. I should of used axel grease in all the holes and drill a drain hole on the top of the mold for excess epoxy to flow out. it came out all the bolt holes and stuck inside each hole which made it damage the mold trying to get it to release. ill have to make another mold with the improvements for the second stator. here is a video of the results.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 2:00 am

Hey SD,

It is always a learning curve as we "DIY" but thats half the fun !

Alan
Back to top Go down
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 am

I mounted the stator to the mini wind generator along with the 7 blade Missouri wind and solar raptor blades and tested it in ac then dc mode. for the last test I hooked up a home made bridge rectifier and tested the output under no load conditions off the bench about 4 feet in the air. got very surprising results. here is the video of the test.
Back to top Go down
hkalan

hkalan

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 1:39 am

Good stuff !

A job well done !

Alan
Back to top Go down
http://islandmarine.000a.biz
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:29 am

Hey SD,

It is unfortunate I do not have the real-estate on a boat like you have in your back yard. I would love to be able to make a set that size. I have to stick with my little 600W units.

Soon your roof will be filled with row's of wind turbines !!!

Keep up the great work brother !

Alan
Back to top Go down
maximoney1

maximoney1

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:54 am

Great work SD, informative as usual. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hkalan

hkalan

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 11:51 pm

Hey SD,

Do you have this unit up in the air and under load now. Curious to know the amps you are making with it !

Alan
Back to top Go down
http://islandmarine.000a.biz
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 9:21 am

I worked on the section that secures the wind generator to the pole. still have to test it to make sure it will not come off at high winds. next thing I have to do after that is pour some resign around the magnets so they are secure. then pick up some more cable to secure the pole in 4 directions. I have the blades and everything else ready, plus I picked up a inline amp meter to show what this one will put out before it goes thru the charge controller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wind Generator build   Mini Wind Generator build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mini Wind Generator build
Page 1 of 1