Off The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the Grid Power and Living

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Big idea and two smaller ones

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hkalan

hkalan

One Big idea and two smaller ones - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Big idea and two smaller ones   One Big idea and two smaller ones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:11 pm

I am so jealous you guys have the opportunity to get old 6v batteries that way. Such a great savings, and desulfating is quite rewarding !!!

Back to top Go down
http://islandmarine.000a.biz
SimpleMan

SimpleMan

PostSubject: Re: One Big idea and two smaller ones   One Big idea and two smaller ones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 6:38 pm

I'll have to read-up on desulfating. You guys are teaching me a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://andrewsclubhouse.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One Big idea and two smaller ones   One Big idea and two smaller ones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:03 pm

SD has a lot of experience with restoring old 6v batteries. He has a few really great video's with step by step information.

He also has a video series showing how to make the solid-state coil and SSG circuit he put together to really be efficient at de-suphating the 6v batteries.

Here is one of his video's...

Back to top Go down
https://offthegrid.forumotion.com
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: One Big idea and two smaller ones   One Big idea and two smaller ones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:28 pm

Howdy guys. I have 4 Trojan T-125 240amp hour batteries separated from the main bank right now. I will be pulsing this set in groups of two batteries at a time later on. I will use two smaller solar panels to power up the two run batteries that will be used to run the solid state pulse motor. the plan is to really pulse these first two batteries in 12 volt mode and discharge them several times. I did this before using some werker batteries and the response I got from them was outstanding. it does take a little time doing this and requires some patience and a good log book of results of each step, but watching the spread sheet info there is not doubt that the batteries are responding in a favorable action. I do recommend using at least 5 transistors in the solid state set up, that's enough power to charge even L16 to cell phone tower batteries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Big idea and two smaller ones   One Big idea and two smaller ones - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Big idea and two smaller ones
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2