Off The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the Grid Power and Living

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The newest 300w Panels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The newest 300w Panels Empty
PostSubject: The newest 300w Panels   The newest 300w Panels Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 am

Hello,

I have now switched to a different factory to buy the 300W Polycrystalline panels I use on boats in Hong Kong.

Pmax: 300 Watts
Voc: 43.2 Volt
Isc: 9.33 Amp
Vpm: 36 Volts
Imp: 8.33 Amp

Back to top Go down
https://offthegrid.forumotion.com
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: The newest 300w Panels   The newest 300w Panels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:43 am

hey bro, was there a reason you got poly instead of mono panels? I thought mono panels gave the best over all output
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The newest 300w Panels   The newest 300w Panels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 1:09 am

Hey SD,

Hong Kong is "Sub-tropical". I have tried the Mono panels and the poly side by side on the bow of the yacht. I compared them this way... Two 300w 36v panels each in parallel (2 mono and 2 poly). Two mono to a morningstar MPPT, and two poly to another morningstar MPPT.

Between the hours of 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM the panes both seemed to be very close. There were times that when a cloud would pass the Mono would still be producing a bit more then the Poly... but at the end of the day, both sets under the same sun. It was an even match for the amp production into my battery bank.

Poly is a bit lower in price per watt for Grade A panels, and being on the water. The blue of the polly looks good on the bow of the vessel... HaHaHa

One other thing. The panels on the yachts are flat, and in the winter months the Poly was still giving good power.

I guess it is mainly a personal choice now. They do work very well, and the factory as assured the frames to be for marine salt water applications. That is a benefit in itself for me ! I tested the 150W Poly 18v panels with these frames for over a year, and they are the same as they were out of the box. Salt and Aluminium do not play well together !

$0.47 USD per watt (Grade A Certified) including door to door delivery is also a factor that my wallet is happy with !

Alan
Back to top Go down
https://offthegrid.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The newest 300w Panels   The newest 300w Panels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The newest 300w Panels
Page 1 of 1