Off The Grid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the Grid Power and Living

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello From Tempe Arizona

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Apollo11

Hello From Tempe Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Hello From Tempe Arizona   Hello From Tempe Arizona Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:16 am

I'm in the middle of a grid, but I am attempting to escape. But I do have a Capri 14 sailboat, and I have lived in Beijing for a few months back in 1997, love sailing, and came across your youtube channel when searching for Peltier air conditioner.

Summer air conditioning electric bills are HUGE here in Arizona, so I am very interested in the effectiveness of your Peltier cooling project. Keep up the great videos, I enjoy watching them, and listening to you talk!!

The last video I heard you mention about taking a break, here is an interesting perspective of "play" vs. "work" I found in a book titled "Your Money or Your Life" by Joe Dominguez & Vicki Robin:

WORK PLAY
COMPETITION YES YES
COOPERATION YES YES
CONCENTRATION YES YES
SKILL YES YES
ABSORPTION YES YES
CONTENTMENT YES YES
FEELING OF POWER YES YES
ABILITY TO TRAVEL YES YES
ACHIEVEMENT OF RECOGNITION YES YES
SELF-EXPRESSSION YES YES
GETTING PAID YES NO

Lucky ones get paid, but does it really take the play out of it? Just a thought! Thank you for the videos and I am looking forward to your next one!

John
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Tempe Arizona   Hello From Tempe Arizona Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:25 am

Hello John,

Welcome Aboard !

My parents once lived in Scottsdale Arizona. I have experienced that heat.

Here on the boats that I live on, I need the TEC modules to remove the humidity as well as cool, but in your part of the world it is so dry. I think you could eliminate a big part of your electrical by taking advantage of your "cloud free" sky with a solar panel to power your "Swamp Cooler". We converted my fathers Evaporative Cooler to all DC blowers, and only needed a total of 600w 24v panels, and 400Ah battery bank to assure continuous operation around the clock.

You can still be on the grid, but slowly add gear to find your way off the grid while in the middle of it.

We learned that selling back to the electric company was less then what they charged us, so we use what we make, and then use less from them... LOL

Once I have the batteries on the Teak Vessel, I will be finding my way to installing a few of my TEC (Thermo-Electric Cooling) units in the V-Birth. Weather is cooling down here, so I will reverse the polarity to throw a bit of heat around to take out the chill in the Hong Kong air this winter season !

Alan

Back to top Go down
https://offthegrid.forumotion.com
SilentDeath001

SilentDeath001

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Tempe Arizona   Hello From Tempe Arizona Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:32 am

Hi John and welcome to the forum. I lived in Las Vegas nv for 20 years so I know all about that heat. that's another reason I moved to Oregon, its not as hot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Tempe Arizona   Hello From Tempe Arizona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello From Tempe Arizona
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Off The Grid :: Off the Grid :: Introductions-
Jump to: